Did You Know?
A few facts about NAID that make us proud to be
part of this trade association.
• Fact: NAID is a member-owned, non-profit association. Members, through their elected board, are in complete
control of the association’s funds, and every dollar is spent by the board to advance the interests of members and
to promote secure destruction.
• Fact: No one company contributes more than 2% of the NAID’s total revenue, meaning we are free of undue
• Fact: All NAID member-representatives are eligible and encouraged to serve on the Board of Directors. Directors
are restricted from serving two consecutive terms, making sure there is healthy turnover so that it never becomes a
“good ole boys club” and the general membership is well represented.
• Fact: The overwhelming majority of those serving on the Board of Directors are owners or managers of small,
independent businesses, which means they are ideal to best represent the general membership.
• Fact: NAID is exclusively focused on increasing customer awareness to the importance of secure information
destruction and is completely neutral when it comes to a customer’s preference for mobile vs. plant-based
destruction. The NAID Board of Directors is replete with mobile-only service providers, plant-based service
providers and service provider that offer both services.
• Fact: NAID as a trade-association (meaning our membership is made up of companies vs. a professional association
wherein the membership is made up of individuals) believes in being cost sensitive to our members. NAID active
member dues are currently $640, which is several thousand dollars less than other similar trade associations.
• Fact: NAID international initiatives and events are fully funded by dues from the regions they serve. This means
that NAID as a global entity has a healthy a proportionate focus on regions to membership.
• Fact: NAID conferences held in the USA currently cost less than $600 for early member registrations. Other trade
association conferences charge $900-$1200 to receive the same full access that our event provides. NAID is proud
to keep costs low for our annual conference.
Want to know more fun facts about NAID?
Follow us on Twitter: @NAIDonline