Tips from StaySafeOnline.org:
• If you collect it, protect it.
• Do your due diligence and monitor partners and vendors.
• Create a culture of privacy in your organization.
• Communicate clearly and often what privacy means to your
organization and how you achieve and maintain it.
• Be open and honest about how you collect, use and share
Help Employees be #PrivacyAware
Check out the NAID LinkedIn Group where these tips have links to
additional resources, such as infographics, videos, flyers, and more
1. Talk about what privacy means to your organization and
the role staff have in making sure privacy is achieved
and maintained. Organize a “lunch & learn” to educate
employees on the value and impact of protecting customer
and colleague info and their role in keeping it safe.
continued on page 35
NAID’s Shred School workshop is
two days and introduces professionals
to the secure destruction industry,
data protection legislation, sales tips,
marketing best practices, and more.
Coming to a city near you in 2017!
A member education se rvice of NAIDSM